Position Purpose and Objectives
As a Folding Carton Gluer Operator, you will be involved in multiple tasks on any given day in order to meet the needs of the customer and our overall business. You will assist the lead operator and be trained to operate a machine that forms and glues flat cartons into finished cartons.
Essential Job Functions
- Gathers jobs and read the work orders for further instructions.
- Adjusts forming bars to accommodate size of box to be shaped.
- Fills glue pots with adhesive and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Observes machine operation to detect malfunction.
- Inspects cartons for flaws.
- Makes mechanical adjustments on machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Properly fills out work orders and other required paperwork.
- Works with the production team and immediate supervisor to continually improve individual and team performance.
- Assists with QC inspection as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Background in printing is required. Candidates with carton finishing experience will be prioritized.
- Attention to detail.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team on a daily basis.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently without constant supervision.